April 23, 2015
Have you ever made a smoothie at home and it just didn’t turn out right? It’s foamy at the top, there are fruit chunks getting stuck in your straw, and you almost choked on that piece of ice?
We love making smoothies before (and after!) a run. Here are some Dos and Don’ts for making the perfect smoothie:
- Don’t use milk because it creates foam
- Do use Greek yogurt. Yogurt helps smooth the texture
- Do use a ripe banana or avocado in your smoothie
- Don’t use ice
- Do freeze your fruit
- Do steam your greens if they are too tough
- Don’t add extra sweeteners
- Do use a juice with no added sugars.
- Do add protein/fiber/flax seed and other boosters to your smoothie
Here are a couple of our favorite smoothie recipes. They are delicious!
Green and Lean
1 cup kale/spinach mix
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
Peanut Butter Bliss
1 banana, frozen without peel
1/2 cup frozen vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup water
About BANDI wear: BANDI’s adjustable belts and headbands are a stylish way to secure life’s essentials while being active, allowing you the freedom to explore your next adventure. Choose BANDI, the sleek alternative to the traditional purse, wallet or bulky fanny pack. Stash your stuff, not your style!
Comments will be approved before showing up.